Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lexus CHECK PCS SYSTEM error message is a global problem


UPDATE: NO LONGER TRACKING THESE INCIDENTS OR PROVIDING ASSISTANCE. Over the last several years I've had several emails from people around the world interested in how to properly diagnose their "Check PCS" problem. Most people have indicated that they had to replace the ECU, others seemed to have an intermittent problem with the power feed (alternator) or condition of the plexiglass cover. Regardless, this issue has been reported by owners all Lexus vehicles with the Denso Pre-Collision System offered in several models including: Lexus LS430, Lexus IS250, and others. If equipped with PCS, anticipate a problem at some point.

Location of Lexus owners experiencing problems with the Pre Collision System found on Lexus cars including the LS430 and IS250.

Note: I'm no longer plotting these incidents. (as of Aug 2022)

5 comments:

Viktor said...

Hello,
i have the same problem. I live in Bremen, Germany.
I still have this problem and have to solve it because i didnt get the MOT certificate.
If you have some ideas, please let me know.

Viktor said...

Hello,
I have the same problem. If you have any ideas/solutions, please let me know.
I live in Bremen, Germany.

art57tbird said...

Hello--I have the same problem...The error mesage came on as I was diving with the cruise control on, the orginial error stated "clean the lense" while I contuined driving the " Have Dealer check the PCS system" appeared. I have cleaned the lens and disconnected the battery. Does anyone have any ideas??? Thanks Art
2008-Lexus- LS 600 HL in Vienna WV

Unknown said...

Hello,
i have the same problem. I live in Dubai, UAE.
I still have this problem and have to solve it because i didnt get the MOT certificate.
If you have some ideas, please let me know.

Unknown said...

Hello
I have the same issue with my lexus is250 2007 sports luxury could you please help?