Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oracle Open World 2008


This week I've spent my time at the Oracle Open World Conference in San Francisco California. Over 43,000 people attended this huge event. It lasted a total of 6 days, of which I spent only 4 in the conference sessions and exhibit floor. Oracle announced their entry into the hardware business by creating a new Database Server. They're partnering with HP to build the hardware, but Oracle will market and sell it under their name. Oracle did a good job of having plenty of sessions, entertainment, and exhibitors. However, they might be loosing focus now that they're into so many different things.


While visiting the EXPO center at the show, I saw 3 cars on the show floor. A F1 racecar at the Accenture booth, A 1980's Delorean, and a 2008 Lexus SC430. I dropped by and registered to win it, just for grins. Didn't win, but don't care really. I have one at home :)


No comments: