Tuesday, September 16, 2008

TPMS

Tire pressure monitoring system. That is the most recent issue with my car. After leaving from work, the TPMS warning light on the dash lit up and remained on until I turned the car off. I checked all the tires and they looked fine. I also checked the pressure in each tire and they were all a little low. Read around 29psi where the owners manual states 33psi. I added the air and re-started the car to see if that fixed the warning light. DID NOT. I read the owners manual section on the TPMS and learned about a switch inside the glovebox. This switch allows you to select a MASTER set of sensors and a secondary set of sensor for a second set of wheels equiped with TPMS. I togged it back and forth and returned it to the master setting. I re-started the car again... same light still on.

The next morning, I started the car. NO LIGHT. What a surprise? I expect that either a sensor is about to fail (battery life) or the tire pressure was a little low and the sensor needed time to re-register the new pressure. Either way, the light is off!

No comments: